We appreciate your willingness to coach with CMYSA. Without you, our program would not be successful. To be considered as a coach for the 2020 season, registrations must be completed by October 15, 2019. Coaching assignments will be announced by October 25th.
Please complete the following registration to indicate your desire to coach a CMYSA Travel team for the 2020 season. Submitting this registration does NOT guarantee a coaching position for the season. Those submitting incomplete registrations will NOT be considered for the 2020 Travel season. Interviews may be conducted for coaches with no experience coaching within CMYSA travel or for teams with multiple interested coaches.
Coaching Commitment (typical schedule)
- 1 practice per week starting in March. CMYSA reserves dome time for each team. If you are unable to run sessions for your designated time, contact Emily Willaert
- 2 practices per week starting in April. CMYSA reserves turf at the College of St. Benedict. You can practice at alternative locations if weather permits.
- 2 practices per week and 1 game per week for May and June. Practice space will be reserved at Selke field and home games will be at the College of St. Benedict. You can practice at other locations, however, CMYSA does not reserve space. Most parks are first come first serve.
- 2 practices per week and state qualifiers and state tournament in July (or 9 and 10U end of season jamboree)
- 2 or 3 tournaments (typically 1 in April or May and 1-2 in June & July)
- Completion of MYSA Background Check (December or January)
- CMYSA Coaches' Meeting (December or January)
- US Soccer Federation or MYSA educational opportunity (reimbursed or paid for by CMYSA)
- Creating team session plans (March through July)
- Meet with DOC or Technical Director for practice evaluation and game evaluation (in season)
- Mid-season and Post season team and player evaluation
- United Soccer Coaches Education
- Coaching Mentor Program
- Coaching Round Table Discussions
- Attending Experienced Coaches' Training and Games
- Helping with CMYSA winter training